Monday, February 21, 2005

Excel Tips

Hey All,

This is a need based finding that I made! My Boss wanted me to send a Excel giving a project plan with the delivery time clearly defined. However I had entered the date in the dd/mm/yyyy format. Like 21/2/2005. Well, he asked me to convert it to 21-Feb-2005. But How the hell?

I tried so many things by formatting the cells but in vain.........................................................:(



Then the next day morning I thought let me try at home! Sweet home :). And then finally I cracked it!

Step 1: Go to Insert dropdown in the top tab.
Step2: Select the Date Function!
Step 3: Enter the data in the relevant fields!
Step 4: Now right click the field and choose Format cells!
Step 5: Select Date Category and the display format you want!
Step 6: Well, Just relax the job is done!


Chao for now.....................................................